Google Drive Connector for Data Prep¶
User Persona: Data Prep User, Data Prep Admin, or Data Source Admin
This document covers all configuration fields available during connector setup. Some fields may have already been filled out by your Administrator at an earlier step of configuration and may not be visible to you. For more information on Data Prep's connector framework, see Data Prep Connector setup. Also, your Admin may have named this connector something else in the list of Data Sources.
Configure Data Prep¶
This connector allows you to connect to Google Drive for browsing and importing available data. The following fields are used to define the connection parameters.
- Name: Name of the data source as it will appear to users in the UI.
- Description: Description of the data source as it will appear to users in the UI.
You can connect Data Prep to multiple Google Drive accounts. Using a descriptive name can be a big help to users in identifying the appropriate data source.
Google Drive Configuration¶
- OAuth Verifier Key: The verifier key used to authenticate with Google Drive. To obtain the verifier key, click "Test Data Source" and follow the link to grant access to Google Drive. After allowing access, you will be redirected to a page that displays an access code. Copy the code into this field.
If you connect to Google Drive through a proxy server, these fields define the proxy details.
- Web Proxy: 'None' if no proxy is required or 'Proxied' if the connection to Google Drive should be made via a proxy server. If a web proxy server is required, the following fields are required to enable a proxied connection.
- Proxy Host: The hostname or IP address of the proxy server.
- Proxy Port: The port of the proxy server.
- Proxy Username and Proxy Password: User credentials for an authenticated proxy connection. Leave these blank for an unauthenticated proxy connection.
Import from Google Sheets¶
When browsing to import a sheet, each Google Sheet is listed (identified with the prefix "GSheet") as a directory item (i.e. a folder), wherein you will find a separate data file for each sheet to import. For example, if you had one Google Sheet that had 5 separate sheets within, you use this browsing interface to select each of the sheets individually for import rather than selecting the workbook as a whole.
It is important to note the following criteria:
- The name of the Google Sheet to be imported cannot have the % character.
- Be aware of size limits for Google Drive files.