MicroStrategy Connector for Data Prep¶
User Persona: Data Prep User, Data Prep Admin, or Data Source Admin
This document covers all configuration fields available during connector setup. Some fields may have already been filled out by your Administrator at an earlier step of configuration and may not be visible to you. For more information on Data Prep's connector framework, see Data Prep Connector setup. Also, your Admin may have named this connector something else in the list of Data Sources.
Configure Data Prep¶
This connector allows you to connect to a MicroStrategy server for Library imports and exports.
The following is information on the parameters used to create the connector.
- Name: Name of the data source as it will appear to users in the UI.
- Description: Description of the data source as it will appear to users in the UI.
You can connect Data Prep to multiple MicroStrategy accounts. Using a descriptive name can be a big help to users in identifying the appropriate data source.
In the MicroStrategy Configuration section, provide the information used to locate and connect to the MicroStrategy server.
- Server Hostname: You can use either the fully qualified hostname, including the domain name, or the IP address of the MicroStrategy Host.
- Server Port: The port number of the MicroStrategy server.
- Use SSL: Select whether to use Secure Sockets Layer for connecting to the MicroStrategy server.
- Username and Password: The username and password used for authenticating to the MicroStrategy server.
- Authentication Mode: The authentication mode used to connect to MicroStrategy Server.
- Export Batch Size: The batch size to be used while exporting the MicroStrategy server.
If you connect to MicroStrategy through a proxy server, these fields define the proxy details.
- Web Proxy: 'None' if no proxy is required or 'Proxied' if the connection to MicroStrategy should be made via a proxy server. If a web proxy server is required, the following fields are required to enable a proxied connection.
- Proxy Host: The hostname or IP address of the proxy server.
- Proxy Port: The port of the proxy server.
- Proxy Username and Proxy Password: User credentials for an authenticated proxy connection. Leave these blank for an unauthenticated proxy connection.
- MicroStrategy does not support boolean data-types. Hence, while exporting from Data Prep, all boolean values will be exported as strings (“true” or “false”).
- Exporting reports:
- MicroStrategy reports can be imported, but the MicroStrategy Connector does not support the ability to update a report upon Export.
- Exporting to cubes:
- The MicroStrategy Connector does not support exporting data to a cube with more than one table.
- The MicroStrategy Connector utilizes REST API, thus it does not support updating cubes upon export that were made using the MicroStrategy Web UI (or by any means other than the REST API).
- Exporting to an existing cube will not be possible if the schema (in the Data Prep AnswerSet) does not match the schema of the cube.
- When a column is added in the AnswerSet, new or updated rows will be appended to the cube but the new column will not be added to the cube.
- To overwrite a cube that has dependencies, ensure that MicroStrategy permissions are set up to allow overwriting of dependent cubes.