MS Dynamics 365 Connector for Data Prep¶
User Persona: Data Prep User, Data Prep Admin, Data Source Admin, or IT/DevOps
This document covers all configuration fields available during connector setup. Some fields may have already been filled out by your Administrator at an earlier step of configuration and may not be visible to you. For more information on Data Prep's connector framework, see Data Prep Connector setup. Also, your Admin may have named this connector something else in the list of Data Sources.
Configure Data Prep¶
This connector allows you to connect to a Microsoft Dynamics 365 resource for Entity Set imports. The following fields are used to define the connection parameters.
Name: Name of the data source as it will appear to users in the UI.
Description: Description of the data source as it will appear to users in the UI.
You can connect Data Prep to multiple Microsoft Dynamics 365 resources. Using a descriptive name can be a big help to users in identifying the appropriate data source. If you are a Data Prep SaaS customer, inform Data Prep DevOps of how you would like this set.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Settings¶
In this section, provide the information used to identify and connect to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 resource. These fields are required.
- Tenant Domain Name/ID: This is your Microsoft Azure Active Directory Tenant ID or Domain Name.
- Resource URL: This is your Microsoft Dynamics 365 resource URL.
If you connect to MS Dynamics 365 through a proxy server (optional), these fields define the proxy details.
- Web Proxy: 'None' if no proxy is required or 'Proxied' if connection to the MS Dynamics 365 REST Endpoint should be made via a proxy server. If a web proxy server is required, the following fields are required to enable a proxied connection.
- Proxy host: The host name or IP address of the web proxy server.
- Proxy port: The port on the proxy server for Data Source.
- Proxy username: The username for the proxy server.
- Proxy password: The password for the proxy server.*Leave username & password blank for an unauthenticated proxy connection..
In this section, provide the information used to authenticate and authorize the Microsoft Dynamics 365 resource. These fields are required.
Client ID: Application ID of the registered application (Web App/API or Native) in Microsoft Azure Active Directory. For information on how to register your application please see this documentation.
Authentication Type: Select Client Credential if your application is registered in Azure AD as Web App/API application. Otherwise, select User Credential if your application is registered in Azure AD as Native application.
- Client Secret: If Authentication Type is selected as Client Credential, this needs to be provided for authentication.
- Username and Password: If Authentication Type is selected as User Credential, these need to be provided for authentication.
Data Import Information¶
View list of CRM objects available for import.
- Select object name from the list to enable import.
- The Dynamics Connector will automatically handle paginated results from the Dynamics 365 Web API.
Via SQL Query¶