MS Windows Azure Blob Storage (WASB) Connector for Data Prep¶
User Persona: Data Prep User, Data Prep Admin, Data Source Admin, or IT/DevOps
This document covers all configuration fields available during connector setup. Some fields may have already been filled out by your Administrator at an earlier step of configuration and may not be visible to you. For more information on Data Prep's connector framework, see Data Prep Connector setup. Also, your Admin may have named this connector something else in the list of Data Sources.
Configure Data Prep¶
This connector allows you to connect to Azure Blob Storage Account for Library imports and exports. The following fields are used to define the connection parameters.
Name: Name of the data source as it will appear to users in the UI.
Description: Description of the data source as it will appear to users in the UI.
You can connect Data Prep to multiple Azure Blob accounts. Using a descriptive name can be a big help to users in identifying the appropriate data source.
Azure Blob Storage Configuration¶
- Data Store Root Directory: The root path on the Data Store accessible by this connector. Use "/" to access all files in a Container.
- Azure Storage Account Name: A storage account name may contain lowercase letters and numbers.
- Blob Service Container Name: A container organizes a set of blobs, similar to a folder in a file system. All blobs reside within a container.
- Map INT96 to Datetime: For INT96 fields, convert to Datetime values during import. Specifically, this allows Data Prep to read Parquet files written by Impala.
Azure Blob Storage Authentication Settings¶
Authentication Type: Two authentication methods are supported: Shared Key and Shared Access Signatures. See Azure Storage Services Authentication Types for more details.
Shared Key: Authenticate with your account access key.
- Shared Access Signatures (SAS): Authenticate with shared access signatures (SAS) token.
Data Import Information¶
Via SQL Query¶