Zendesk Connector for Data Prep¶
User Persona: Data Prep User, Data Prep Admin, Data Source Admin, or IT/DevOps
This document covers all configuration fields available during connector setup. Some fields may have already been filled out by your Administrator at an earlier step of configuration and may not be visible to you. For more information on Data Prep's connector framework, see Data Prep Connector setup. Also, your Admin may have named this connector something else in the list of Data Sources.
Configuring Data Prep¶
This connector allows you to connect to Zendesk for browsing and importing available data. The following fields are used to define the connection parameters.
- Name: Name of the data source as it will appear to users in the UI.
- Description: Description of the data source as it will appear to users in the UI.
You can connect Data Prep to multiple Zendesk accounts. Using a descriptive name can be a big help to users in identifying the appropriate data source. If you are a Data Prep SaaS customer, inform Data Prep DevOps how you would like this set.
If you connect to Zendesk through a proxy server, these fields define the proxy details.
- Web Proxy: 'None' if no proxy is required or 'Proxied' if the connection to the Zendesk REST Endpoint should be made via a proxy server. If a web proxy server is required, the following fields are required to enable a proxied connection.
- Proxy host: The host name or IP address of the web proxy server.
- Proxy port: The port on the proxy server for Data Source.
- Proxy username: The username for the proxy server.
- Proxy password: The password for the proxy server. *Leave username & password blank for an unauthenticated proxy connection.
- Zendesk URL: Your Zendesk URL in the format https://your-domain.zendesk.com.
- Username: The email address of the user connecting to Zendesk.
- Authentication Type: Type of authentication you want to use, either Password or API token.
- Password: Password for connecting to Zendesk. To be provided when Password is selected as the authentication type.
- API Token: API token for connecting to Zendesk. To be provided when API Token is selected as the authentication type.
- Timeout: The number of seconds to wait until a timeout error cancels a running operation.
Data Import Information¶
Browse to a table and "Select" the table for import.
Via SQL Query¶
Using a legal SQL Select Query
|AccountSettings||Account Settings in Zendesk.|
|ActivityStream||ActivityStreams in Zendesk.|
|AppLocations||AppLocations in Zendesk.|
|Attachments||Show ticket attachments in Zendesk.|
|Automations||Automations in Zendesk.|
|Brands||Brands in Zendesk.|
|Collaborators||Collaborators in Zendesk.|
|CustomAgentRoles||CustomAgentRoles in Zendesk.|
|GroupMemberships||Group Memberships in Zendesk.|
|Groups||Groups in Zendesk.|
|Holidays||Schedules in Zendesk.|
|JobStatus||A status record is created when somebody kicks off a job such as updating multiple tickets. * You can access the job status data for an hour after a particular job is created, after which the data is no longer available.|
|Locales||Locales in Zendesk.|
|Macros||Macros in Zendesk.|
|MonitoredTwitterHandles||Monitored Twitter handles in Zendesk.|
|OrganizationFields||Organization Fields in Zendesk.|
|OrganizationMemberships||Organization Memberships in Zendesk.|
|OrganizationSubscriptions||Organization Subscriptions in Zendesk.|
|Organizations||Organizations in Zendesk.|
|Requests||Requests in Zendesk.|
|SatisfactionRatings||Requests in Zendesk.|
|Schedules||Schedules in Zendesk.|
|Sessions||Sessions in Zendesk.|
|SharingAgreements||SharingAgreements in Zendesk.|
|SlaPolicies||SlaPolicies in Zendesk.|
|SupportAddresses||Support Addresses in Zendesk.|
|SuspendedTickets||Suspended Tickets in Zendesk.|
|TicketAudits||TicketAudits in Zendesk.|
|TicketComments||TicketComments belonging to a specified ticket in Zendesk.|
|TicketFields||TicketFields in Zendesk.|
|TicketForms||Ticket Forms in Zendesk.|
|TicketMetricEvents||TicketMetricEvents in Zendesk.|
|TicketMetrics||TicketMetrics in Zendesk.|
|Triggers||Triggers in Zendesk.|
|UserRelatedInformation||UserRelatedInformation in Zendesk.|
|Users||Users in Zendesk.|
|Views||Views in Zendesk.|